Job Ref: EE-Jul-13
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience) plus benefits
Full-time, Permanent - 37 hours per week (with flexibility required)
Narec is looking to appoint an Electrical Engineer to support the design and delivery of innovation projects with a particular emphasis on offshore renewable technologies. The role requires an individual with a track record of delivering electrical systems design solutions against defined constraints and budgets. The individual is required to be a team player with the ability to work effectively with staff across different levels of the business. Day-to-day, your role will involve delivering project design outcomes and assisting in technically scoping and tendering for new business. Travel to other sites may be required.
The role requires:
- A degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a related discipline with heavy bias towards electrical engineering skills;
- The ability to support in-house R&D project planning;
- Substantial related industrial experience;
- Ability to work against tight deadlines to achieve desirable commercial outcomes on behalf of Narec's customers.
Additionally, the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of the subsea, wind, wave or tidal stream industry supply chains;
- Previous experience in renewable energy projects and/or projects involving significant testing/validation;
- Working knowledgte of the requirements of projects supported by publicly funded R&D programmes;
- Competency in areas related to some or all of the following: power engineering, variable speed drives and control, electrical machine design or HVDC.
Narec is conveniently located within walking distance of all facilities in Blyth town centre providing transport links, numerous retail outlets, sporting facilities and cafes/restaurants etc. Employees have access to free car parking spaces. Comfortable communal lunch/refreshment and informal meeting areas are on-site with access to free refreshments.
This is an exciting role providing an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the capabilities of UK-based research and development facilities within the growing Renewable Energy industry.
To apply, please visit www.narec.co.uk/careers - download, complete and submit the Narec Job Application Form by referring to and following the Guidance Notes.
Completed submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Strictly Private & Confidential, HR Department, Narec, Albert Street, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 1LZ.
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st July 2013
Working Hours & Times: 37 hours per week, Mon-Thu 8.30am to 5pm, Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm (flexibility required to suit customer demand)
Holidays: 25 days (pro-rata) plus statutory
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES OR AGENCIES PLEASE