This job is no longer available
Electrical Technical Specialist
Job Ref: ETS-Jul-13
Narec is looking to appoint an Electrical Technical Specialist to develop and deliver technology and innovation projects with a particular emphasis on offshore renewable technologies. This role will require a high degree of self-motivation, excellent people skills and the ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams. Day-to-day, your role will involve managing a range of projects and liaising with sub-contractors and partners. Occasional travel to other sites may be required.
The role requires:
- A degree (or equivalent) in engineering or a related discipline with heavy bias towards electrical engineering skills;
- The ability to support in-house R&D project planning;
- Experience of technical product design and development in commercial and R&D spheres in compliance with relevant standards.
Additionally, the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of the subsea, wind, wave or tidal stream industry supply chains;
- Previous experience in renewable energy projects and/or projects involving significant testing/validation;
- Experience of successfully delivering project requirements in publicly funded R&D projects;
- Proven competency in areas related to some or all of the following: power engineering, variable speed drives and control, electrical machine design or HVDC.
You should also have the reactivity and insight to identify opportunities as well as the drive and enthusiasm to create new areas of business on behalf of Narec.
Narec is conveniently located within walking distance of all facilities in Blyth town centre providing transport links, numerous retail outlets, sporting facilities and cafes/restaurants, etc. Employees have access to free car parking spaces. Comfortable communal lunch/refreshment and informal meeting areas are on-site with access to refreshments.
This is an exciting role providing an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the capabilities of UK-based research and development facilities within the growing Renewal Energy industry.
To apply, please visit www.narec.co.uk/careers, download, complete and submit the Narec Job Application Form by referring to and following the Narec Job Application Form Guidance Notes.
Completed submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Strictly Private & Confidential, HR Department, Narec, Offshore House, Albert Street, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 1LZ.
Closing date: Wednesday 31st July 2013
Working Hours & Times: 37 hours per week, Mon-Thu 8.30am to 5pm, Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm (flexibility required to suit customer demand)
Holidays: 25 days (pro-rata) plus statutory
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT COMPANIES OR AGENCIES PLEASE