Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Advisor
The successful candidate will:
- Report on contractors HSE performance to project management teams.
- Meet regularly with contractors to ensure that safe working practices are agreed and followed and attend meetings as directed.
- Lead and participate in HSE Management visit’s and audits for surveillance of contractor activities.
- Participate in hazard identification workshop(s), risk assessment, emergency response training and exercise requirements where required.
- Undertake reviews of documents and safe system of works and prepare reports in relation to monthly statistics, performance and incident reviews.
- Undertake the role of Client HSE rep on board vessels as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- NEBOSH Certificate preferably NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Environmental management experience and or IEMA qualification (or equivalent)
- Current medical, work at height and sea survival certificates
- Highly effective relationship builder at all levels – internally and externally with contractors, partners and government agencies
- Pragmatic and practical approach to challenge resolution
- Detailed knowledge of Management Systems
- Ability to adapt and respond to fast moving, dynamic and fluid project requirements
- Prior experience gained in a HSE advisory role, including offshore construction experience, preferably within the wind sector
- Developing/implementing HSE Policies, Procedures, and Safety, Security and CR programmes
- Able to take part / lead internal audits and incident investigations
- HAZOPS, HAZID and Risk Assessment competence
- Accident / Incident Investigation competence
- Adept at Planning, Organising and Coordinating
- Experience of MS Office + HSE standards/Programmes
- Experience of working in an international context