This job is no longer available
The Package Quantity Surveyor is responsible for the following key activities:
- Plan cost management function within the project to ensure that adequate resources are in place when required and communicate the plan to project management well in advance
- Cost forecasting and reporting. Keep cost forecasts up to date and report them on regular basis
- Administer project controls. Update procedures and processes in the cost management plan
- Provide commercial support for package managers in relation to contract variations. Analyse costs and benefits of alternative solutions when changes occur within the project and create recommendations based on the estimated cost and benefit implications
- Contractor claims administration and management. Handle contractor claims and ensure that commercial interests are taken into account in all related actions. Analyse claims against the relevant contracts and the situation at hand. Communicate with contractors to remedy non-valid claims and when needed seek support from other RWEI departments.
- Risk Management. Early identification through liaison with the project team and contractor of key risks that could impact on successful delivery of the project package. Contribution to mitigation plans and management of mitigation costs and contingency budgets.
- Management of application and invoice process.
- Ensure contract design options within the contract are exercised within a timely manor, early identification of when options are due to expire.
- Management of client and contractor supplied Bonds & Guarantees.
- Significant cost and contract management experience within engineering, construction or energy environment with various forms of contract, ideally the FIDIC or NEC form of contracts.
- Good understanding of project financial management principles with cost estimating, forecasting and reporting experience
- Project planning and scheduling experience with the capability to recognise key cost and schedule drivers within complex multi-contract projects
- Proficient with project cost management tools and concepts, such as Earned Value and Work Breakdown Structures
- Excellent analytical skills with the capability to transform findings into solutions, hence output orientated
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and knowledgeable with a planning tool such as MS Project or Primavera
- Excellent communication capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English
- Experience within the offshore environment
- Post Contract management of high value contracts with complex stakeholder interfaces.