This job is no longer available
Associate or Associate Director Hydrogeologist who has a detailed understanding of contaminant hydrogeology is required for large multidisciplinary consultancy. You should be a technical all rounder with an excellent understanding of hydrogeological processes and issues but with business development experience and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments.
You will hold a first degree in an appropriate subject, an MSc in hydrogeology or equivalent and have an extensive experience working as a Hydrogeologist and at least some of this time must be within a consulting environment. Full membership of an appropriate professional body is desirable and and you should have achieved or be working towards chartered status. You will have a thorough understanding of and be able to demonstrate specific experience in the UK regulatory process and some or all of the following:
· Groundwater resource evaluation and development;
· Contaminant hydrogeology;
· Environmental Impact Assessment of the water environment;
· Groundwater in relation to geotechnical and civil engineering design and construction;
· Groundwater and ground source energy;
· Groundwater control / dewatering;
· Groundwater modelling;
· An detailed knowledge of contaminated land assessment and DQRA is also essential.
You will have leadership responsibility for my clients Hydrogeology business and will be accountable for developing and growing the services offering by our UK Land Restoration and Ground Engineering (LR&GE) business. The successful candidate will need to maximize the potential of existing, established services as well as driving the development and growth in these newer areas of opportunity.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Provide leadership for the Hydrogeologists within the LR&GE team;
* Develop the business unit strategy and lead its implementation across unit teams;
* Direct the growth and development of the business;
* Build relationships with clients and potential clients;
* Direction of major / strategic opportunities, bids and projects;
* Play an active role as hydrogeological expert in projects, providing project management as well as hydrogeological expertise.
You will have knowledge and experience of UK water legislation and policy including the Water Framework Directive, and be able to discuss these confidently with clients and interest groups to determine the most appropriate type or mix of approaches and technologies.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.