This job is no longer available
An extremely well known consultancy requires a Water Resources Consultant to sit within its water supply team and support the delivery of consultancy services to water utilities, Regulators and Government.
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse range of projects developing and applying techniques to improve the industry's understanding of current and future challenges in water resources and demand management, and more specifically:
* Providing technical input in the area of water resource planning and management, to include assessment of water supply options, least cost planning, leakage and demand management.
* Developing and maintaining client relationships
* Contributing to appropriate commercial bid documents
* Leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams.
Candidates should have:
* A degree, or equivalent, in a physical science or engineering discipline
* Experience of the UK water industry, preferably gained by working for a utility company, regulator or in a consultancy
* An understanding of environmental and economic regulation as it relates to water supply
* Excellent oral communication and technical report writing skills for a variety of audiences.
* Ability to think creatively, and be able to develop new ideas
* Experience of leakage management, water resource planning and/or water infrastructure asset management
In return there is a competitive salary, and:
* Flexible working hours
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Contributory pension scheme
* Free accident and life assurance
* Active sports and social club
* Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
In the first instance please apply to Adam Whitney via e mail with a Word version of your CV along with your full contact details.