This job is no longer available
Lead Sustainability Consultant is required for large multidisciplinary consultancy. The role is open nation wide.
Part of a small team of industry experts this role will allow you to engage with clients, regulators and others clients. My client is already delivering work in this area to multiple clients and now they need to build their team to ensure they can continue to grow and lead in this hugely important area.
* Technical management and provision of specialist input to consultancy projects relating to environmental sustainability, regulation, carbon management and climate change
* Pursuit of new business opportunities with private and public sector clients in growth sectors - water, energy, waste, infrastructure, industry - and relevant adjacencies (e.g. transport, urban development, buildings).
* Technical proposal writing in support of bid team
* Developing regional client relationships
* Building relationships with and management of specialist sub-consultants
* Workshop facilitation
* Report writing and presentation
* Conference participation and writing of technical papers
* Mentoring of junior staff and strengthening relationships with other disciplines
Qualifications : Person Specification:
* Relevant degree qualification in environmental science, engineering or economics
* Chartered member of a relevant professional institution
* Proven experience of working with private industry, central/local government or other agency clients in one or more key infrastructure sectors: water, energy, waste, transport.
* Excellent and confident communicator
* Keen understanding of the range of environmental, social, economic and regulatory issues pertinent to sustainable infrastructure decision-making, e.g.
water cycle and carbon cycle, environmental legislation and regulation, ecosystem services, climate change science, mitigation and adaptation, sustainable development policy, practice and performance measurement, carbon pricing and markets, corporate responsibility and reporting, environmental justice
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.