This job is no longer available
Due to continued expansion they are currently seeking to recruit a senior candidate to join their vibrant and growing ecology consulting team within our central London office.
The successful candidate will have substantial ecological experience within the
consultancy sector. They will need to have a strong background in producing ecology chapters for EIA's and should be experienced in managing survey teams and subcontractors as well as producing tenders.
The candidate will work within the clients London based team of 5 ecologists on a diverse range of project types and will be expected to project manage and conduct a wide range of ecological surveys and also manage other ecologists and subcontractors. Importantly, they will also be expected to contribute, through innovative thinking, to the growth of the team.
This vacancy offers the right candidate a rare opportunity to be involved in the growth of an ecology team and working on a diverse and exciting range of global projects as well as exploring new business areas.
The role will include, but not be limited to the following elements:
* Ecological chapters for EIA's
* Conducting Phase 1 Habitat Surveys
* Conducting protected species surveys including night surveys
* Ecological clerk of works
* Client and consultee engagement
* Project management including overseeing sub consultants
* Preparation of fee proposals
* Input to team growth and identification and delivery of new work streams
Requirements: Requirements of the role are:
* A team player
* A minimum of a degree in ecology or related discipline
* Substantial experience as an ecological consultant
* Full membership of IEEM
* Strong background in EcIA
* Strong track record in conducting Extended Phase 1 Habitat surveys and
protected species survey
* Extensive knowledge of UK and EU legislation and planning policies.
* One or more European protected species licences
* Experience in leading and managing projects and budgets
* Strong report writing skills
* Knowledge of BREEAM
* Demonstrable experience of working on a wide variety of development projects
* Driving licence
* Experience in Ecological Clerk of Works
* Knowledge of Environment Agency projects
* Experience of habitat restoration projects
* Knowledge and use of bat recognition software such as AnaLook
* Bat licence
* Experience of Appropriate Assessments
* Bird survey techniques
* PTS certified
* Foreign language skills
For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact Jack Bartlett on or 0121 616 7187 quoting the reference number ENV259.
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.