This job is no longer available
AEA is a global consulting firm, creating inspired solutions that solve complex issues in the areas of climate change, energy and environment. Our solutions are optimised by expert knowledge management and innovative IT.
We work with governments and businesses worldwide to address the challenges that they face, helping to transform the way they work through the creation of profitable and sustainable solutions.
To support and drive forward the development of AEA’s international waste management consultancy business including undertaking business development, bidding, partnering and project delivery.
Responsible for delivering AEA’s waste and resource efficiency consultancy activities outside the EU. This will involve developing, managing and delivering consultancy assignments at an international level. The individual will be responsible for client liaison, project delivery, management of teams of AEA consultants and sub-consultants. The individual will also be required to support AEA’s business development activities in the international sphere and to work with colleagues at AEA to deliver the business’s overall strategy for the waste and resource efficiency practice. Key initial responsibilities will focus on opportunity identification, partner strategies, and bidding.
Key competencies and experience:
- Knowledge of waste and resource efficiency issues, including waste strategy development, waste service design, waste treatment technologies, recycling operations and communications issues
- Extensive experience of delivering international projects for private, public sector and donor clients
- Able to manage complex projects in the waste and resource efficiency field and ensure the delivery of high quality outputs to clients
- Able to manage teams of consultants and sub-consultants to deliver projects
- Business development experience and the ability to develop successful proposals for clients
- An established profile and professional network in the international waste consultancy field
- The ability to communicate with and influence key decision makers in client organisations
Skills and behaviours:
- As a minimum, a first degree in an appropriate technical area
- Additional academic qualifications in an appropriate field of study would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in the international waste management field. Prior experience of consultancy is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English, including the ability to write effective and compelling reports and bids to public and private sector clients, and to deliver technical presentations to decision-makers in client organisations
- Additional language skills would be an advantage. Skills in Russian, Spanish or French are of particular benefit.
- Corporate membership of an appropriate institution (e.g. CIWM or ICE).
- Able to develop and maintain partners and client relationships.
- A demonstrated ability to deliver against targets.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within AEA, working closely with key senior management to develop the business, the team and yourself.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. The AEA group strives to be an equal opportunities employer.