This job is no longer available
Associate/Technical Director is required to join a busy Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and planning team in one of the largest environmental and engineering consultancies in the world. You will need strong technical and project direction/project management experience in one or more of the following sectors - urban regeneration, transport infrastructure, power development, oil and gas and local government.
You would have a proven track record in directing and managing EIAs, Sustainability Appraisals (SA), Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA), Health Impact Assessments (HIA) and/or environmental management / planning projects. Strong business development and extensive line management skills of large consultancy teams is also required.
The role involves the following key activities:
* Day to day operational, commercial and technical management of the EIA team
* To help with business strategy development for the wider south of England Planning and Environment Team and to lead on certain sales and marketing initiatives, especially within the urban regeneration and infrastructure sectors.
Although the role is focused on EIA, the candidate's abilities in other areas will be vital as the EIA team sits within a wider environment and planning business, containing economics, environmental, sustainability, water and transport skills etc. You will be expected to identify ways of packaging the skills from within this diverse operation to sell new and market leading consultancy propositions.
Day to day operational, commercial and technical management of the EIA team
This will include the following activities:
* Financial - being responsible for the financial performance of the EIA team (currently 40 consultants) and regular reporting to the Business Unit Leader and wider senior management team.
* Personnel - Working with the Business Unit Leader and wider management team to manage recruitment, training, annual appraisals and disciplinary matters.
* Project Performance Levels - Monitoring and reporting on project performance levels to Business Unit Leader and wider senior management team.
* Business Development - Work with wider senior management team to develop an annual and five year business plan for the wider south of England Planning and Environment Team and to lead on certain sales and marketing initiatives. To be responsible for directing the co-ordination and production of key EIA and environmental planning bids; and responsible for the final sign-off of the bid document.
* Project Direction and Management - To project direct/manage the delivery of project documents including multidisciplinary EIA projects, Screening Letters, Scoping Reports, ES/ESIA/ESHIA Reports, Non-technical summaries, Regulation 22 Responses, ES Addendums, responses to planning conditions and related technical studies and ensure that projects are undertaken and delivered to the highest standard in accordance with project timescales and budgets. Ability and experience to represent the company at planning hearings, appeals and public inquiry.
* Technical Review - To technically review EIA/ESIA/ESHIA Chapters and Non-Technical Summaries.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.