This job is no longer available
Project Consultant is required inLondon, working primarily within the area of environmental impact assessment (EIA). EIA experience across a range of sectors is required, with experience of EIA in the property development sectors preferred. You should have a thorough understanding of the environmental consenting process for proposed developments. The role will involve working as a key member of the established EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects, both in the property and international development sectors.
Key work areas shall include:
- Desk-based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation;
- Site inspections;
- Report writing and preparation of figures, including drafting and/or reviewing non-technical Environmental Statement (ES) chapters;
- Client and project team liaison;
- Attendance at stakeholder meetings and public consultations; and
- Coordination, management and preparation of ESs.
The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of the EIA guidelines, regulations and practice, be self confident, diligent, proactive, take initiative, willing to work flexible hours when required and able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients. By the very nature of EIA, it is essential that the candidate will have strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret environmental guidelines, policies, plans and legislative requirements;
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills;
- Ability to work successfully with various sub-consultants in delivery of a consistent EIA approach and ES reporting style;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English;
- Numerically competent;
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision;
- Ability to use IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, CorelDraw, MS Projects and geographical information systems (GIS)) to prepare figures, drawings and project programmes; and
- Knowledge of a particular environmental specialism would be advantageous.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.