This job is no longer available
Our client is a specialist consultancy with a focus on the environmental and rural sectors. A leader in its field, this organisation is renowned for its high standard of work. As a result of success in its environmental business, it currently requires a motivated and high-achieving GIS Consultant to join its team in Wolverhampton.
- Develop innovative GIS software solutions for standalone commercial projects with emphasis on data capture, management and serving data on the web as specified.
- Work with internal staff to assist in the development of solutions for consultancy projects covering a range of technical and scientific expertise.
- Support and maintain internal web based GIS mapping tools
- Develop existing and new internal GIS software tools to improve the efficiency of the delivery of broader technical consultancy
- Develop GIS data capture and analysis software and hardware for ecological, vegetation management and environmental monitoring projects
- Support and maintain survey data capture hardware and software to ensure internal and external field survey teams are fully productive
- Develop and install simple survey data capture forms using MS Excel
You will have:
- A strong technical background with a keen interest in emerging GIS technologies, applications and software development methodologies
- An understanding of the GIS software development process for commercial projects in an environmental context
- Relevant qualifications and experience in GIS programming languages and software - ArcView, ArcServer, ArcObjects, Python, SQL, C# .NET, VB.net
- Experience of mobile data capture hardware such as Panasonic Toughbooks
- Excellent commercial, organisational and team working skills, including the ability to prioritise and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A full driving licence
Interviews and assessments will be held on the 24th October, please ensure when applying that you are able to attend on this day as alternative dates cannot be provided.
When applying for this vacancy please ensure that you attach your CV in Word format including your full contact details and postal address. Failure to provide this information will significantly hinder our ability to assist you.