This job is no longer available
My client is looking to recruit a specialist Senior EIA/SEA practitioner to join their IEMA EIA Practitioner accredited team. The successful candidate will have a breadth of experience in the planning and execution of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), including the coordination of multi-disciplinary environmental teams.
With excellent written and verbal communication skills and extensive client liaison experience, the successful candidate will be familiar with integration of all the technical disciplines required to support environmental assessments (EIA and SEA). Experience of the energy and/or nuclear sector would be an advantage but are not essential.
You will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage EIA and SEA projects, focussing primarily on the renewables sector, but extending to large-scale national and international infrastructure SEA/EIAs.
- Maintain and enhance high quality of environmental deliverables and ensure project financial performance.
- Provide client advice and support on technical matters relating to EIA, SEA and the environment in general.
- Liaise with clients, engineers and other design team members.
- Mentor and provide leadership of more junior staff.
- Develop and maintain excellent client relationships.
- Support business development initiatives.
Training and Experience:
- Degree and MSc in Environment related subject
- Chartered Environmentalist or equivalent
- Experience of working in environmental consultancy
- Experience in the energy sector, including renewables, nuclear and conventional power generation
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.