This job is no longer available
An opening has arisen for a 6 month internship based in ENVIRON’s Cardiff office, working primarily within the area of contaminated land assessment and environmental management. The role will involve assisting ENVIRON’s consultants in day to day activities, including site based monitoring, site investigation and auditing. For the right applicant this role may become permanent.
Key work areas shall include:-
- ‘Phase I’ contamination desk studies.
- Site inspections.
- Assisting with contamination site investigations.
- Monitoring and sampling of gas, surface water and groundwater.
- Data input, management and interpretation.
- Report writing and preparation of figures.
- Support to other ENVIRON technical teams (e.g. auditing, environmental management systems, environmental planning), as required.
The successful candidate will be self confident, willing to work flexible hours when required and be able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients. Some initial training may be undertaken in Box near Bath.
IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, CorelDraw and Surfer.
- Ability to accurately input data into software programs.
- Ability to prepare figures and drawings in CorelDraw with training.
- Well organised and be able to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
- Numerically competent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Competent and efficient report writing skills.
- Appropriate degree in a geo-environmental discipline.
- Master’s degree in an environmental discipline.
- Relevant work experience a benefit
- Full clean driving license.
ENVIRON conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
Applicants should apply via our website by clicking Apply now.