This job is no longer available
My client works on some of the world's most prestigious projects through a network of UK and International offices. Due an expanding portfolio of projects, they are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Environmental Consultant to play a key role in their Leeds contaminated land team
Profile for the Senior Environmental Consultant;
You will have a strong background and understanding in controlled waters risk assessment including: experience of risk assessment models such as the EA HRA worksheet and other models which may include Consim, Landsim and/or RBCA etc.
Knowledge of 3D flow modelling would be an advantage but is not essential.
Acting as the controlled waters specialist in the contaminated land team, you must have strong all-round experience of the contaminated land discipline, brownfield development, the development industry in general and associated issues. A good knowledge of both the planning and Part 2A disciplines and regulatory negotiation (especially for controlled waters risk assessment) is also important.
This is a key appointment and it is likely that you will have extensive experience in this field.
- Managing the planning site investigations and preparing contaminated land reports
- Providing satisfactory remediation and engineering solutions and management of remediation measures
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers/ specialists of other disciplines
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
- Negotiating with regulators and dealing with Contractors
- Managing project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Degree qualified in environmental science, geological or hydrogeological or other related field, along with a postgraduate degree in relevant subject
- Extensive experience of working on contaminated land issues, gained within a consulting environment
- Experience of leading teams on multi-disciplinary projects
- Able to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects
- Able to quickly develop successful client relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.