This job is no longer available
A vacancy has arisen for a geotechnical engineer to join the Londongeotechnical design team. The key requirements are detailed below.
- Assist with modelling of geotechnical problems
- Preparation and reviewing of reports and issuing of reports
- Geotechnical design - This is likely to include the following aspects; piling, basement design, interaction of building works with tunnels and other underground structures such as tunnels, dewatering, settlement predictions, ground movements resulting from construction works and their effects on the build environment, soil structure interaction.
- Ability to liaise with structural engineers on building related projects.
- Client liaison
- Liaison with bodies such as LUL, HA where development works interact with assets owned by these or similar bodies
Key projects the team currently working on
- Several schemes involve construction of buildings over the Crossrail tunnels.
- Air rights development schemes over rail land.
- Geotechnical design work is typically associated with the structural team.
- Tall buildings or deep basements.
- Detailed experience with numerical modelling of geotechnical problems - ideally with software such as Plaxis - this is a KEY requirement
- A strong numerical background
- A strong technical knowledge base of theoretical soil mechanics.
- An understanding of the construction issues associated with piling and basement wall construction.
- Educated to degree level in civil engineering/engineering geology or similar.
- An MSc in foundation engineering or similar.
- A PhD in geotechnics would be a benefit.
- Must hold a full current driving license
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Randstad CPE has an established background. Formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford,Blake & Thomas, together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering