This job is no longer available
Excellent opportunity to become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ecologist looking for a challenge to build an exceptional career. My client's ecology business provides real opportunities for you to join their dynamic and respected ecology team. They are working on a range of projects in the UK, Europe and the middle East and require committed scientists to support teams' project work.
Primary Job Responsibilities
As a Senior ecologist you will be joining a successful and dynamic sixty strong team and reporting to theEdinburghteam lead. You will be based inEdinburghand your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting our Edinburgh Principal ecologist and project delivery
- Leading ecology surveys.
- Supporting business development
- Planning and resourcing ecological field surveys
- Producing quality assured ecology deliverables and mentoring junior staff
- An honours degree in ecology or closely related field
- An experienced ecology surveyor and a good field scientist
- IEEM membership
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
- Good communication and IT skills
- Ability to write clear, concise reports
- Driving licence
- Postgraduate degree
- Protected species licence(s)
- An ecological specialism
- GIS skills
- Working knowledge of the Habitats Directive 1992 (as amended)
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.