This job is no longer available
Ecologist is required for undertaking data reviews, ecological surveys, ecological assessment and report writing, especially involving protected species. My client is looking for an experienced field surveyor and report writer, with considerable experience of protected species survey and mitigation
- Undertaking Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and Phase 2 Protected Species Surveys, including data requests
- Producing ecological assessment reports and advising clients on mitigation
- Overseeing mitigation for protected species such as badgers, great crested newts and reptiles
- Ecological clerk of works
- Producing ecology sections of BREEAM and CSH assessments.
- Degree in appropriate subject e.g. Ecology, Biological Sciences, Environmental Management required
- Full Member of Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management preferred
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- High level of ecological survey, assessment and report writing skills essential
- Experience of working with protected species essential
- Ideally have proven consultancy experience
- Experience of working with bats, badgers and great crested newts preferred, including appropriate licences
- Experience in ecological clerk of works role preferred
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.