This job is no longer available
- Manage the preparation and delivery of Transport and Works Act orders
- Work in a diverse, committed and professional team
- Support the success of our infrastructure projects
- Enable us to deliver a world-class rail network
Millions of people and thousands of tonnes of freight rely on our network every day. From stations to tracks, signals, bridges and tunnels, we are responsible for improving Britain’s rail infrastructure. And through the largest investment programme in our history, we’ve committed to improving the economy by helping Britain run better. Already, journey times are being reduced, and the number of passengers keeps on growing - but there are new and even more ambitious changes ahead.
Our Infrastructure Projects team oversees the portfolio of work relating to our diverse and high-profile infrastructure projects. Aligned closely to our ten routes, it improves co-ordination across the business – enabling us to maximise both value and efficiency. Add your skills to this diverse, committed team, and you’ll have a key role to play in its success.
As Consents Manager, your key responsibility will be managing the preparation and delivery of Transport and Works Act orders. You’ll also have the opportunity to manage your own portfolio of consents issues, fully supported by the rest of the team – including project managers, town planners, environmentalists, property specialists and legal professionals. These issues may include footpath diversion orders, separate planning permissions or the closing of level crossings.
- Experience of managing, leading and developing a team
- A proven track record in consents, and knowledge of Transport and Works Act orders
- Background of managing the development of an investment portfolio
- Experience of managing external suppliers for land referencing, preparation of draft orders, order plans and notices, and planning application submissions
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
To find out more about this position and apply, please click Apply now and insert ‘IRC604744' into the keyword search.
Closing date: 21 September 2012.