This job is no longer available
10 month FTC
- Advise our project teams on environmental issues
- Share your expertise with us – and increase our environmental awareness
- Influence colleagues at all levels
- Enable us to deliver world-class, environmentally sound infrastructure projects
Revitalising Britain’s railway, our remit’s as vast as it is ambitious – we’re involved in some of the biggest and most diverse ventures Britain has ever seen, including Crossrail, Europe’s largest engineering project. By increasing capacity and encouraging innovation, we’re creating improvements that will mean more trains, more services and better journeys for everyone.
Our Infrastructure Projects function is responsible for managing and controlling a diverse range of high-profile projects – including Crossrail, Thameslink and the redevelopment of Kings Cross. Throughout this work, we aim to maximise efficiency and value, while minimising disruption to the environment. Add your expertise to ours and you’ll enable us to achieve this – facilitating the environmentally-friendly delivery of renewals and enhancements.
Acting as a source of expertise on a wide range of environmental issues, your work will be invaluable to the success of our project teams. You’ll advise colleagues and review contractors’ work, as you ensure that projects are completed with as little impact on the environment as possible. It’s a challenge that’ll see you working closely with our Consents Manager, as well as environmental health officers and technical professionals.
- Extensive experience in a full-time environmental role
- Member of an environmental organisation
- Experience of design and construction phase of large civil engineering projects
- Qualified to degree level in an environmental discipline
- Knowledge and experience of how environmental issues apply to construction projects
- Personal credibility to liaise and influence at all levels
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Background of carrying out assessments and identifying risk
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
To find out more about this position and apply, please visit the website and insert IRC604865 into the keyword search.
Closing date: 19 September 2012.