This job is no longer available
Principal / Associate Ecologist is required for multidisciplinary consultancy inBirmingham.
My client's Ecology team supports a diverse range of projects across a number of sectors within theUKand international market for both private and public sector clients.
You will be responsible for over-seeing the delivery and management of a range of ecological deliverables (technical, commercial and financial) in support of client's projects. It is anticipated that you will be office based; however, occasional field work may be required to support the field team during busy periods.
You will have some or all of the following attributes:
Sound knowledge and experience of Ecological Impact Assessment.
- · Sound knowledge of UK & European wildlife legislation particularly relating to commonly occurring protected animal and bird species and species of high conservation importance.
- · Experience of the protected species licensing process and mitigation for protected and notable species (ideally the more experienced applicants would hold one or more protected species licences).
Development of ecological mitigation and production of management plans and other similar documents/strategies.
- · Good surveying skills built on from direct relevant experience, e.g. Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys; protected species survey (e.g. bats, great crested newts, badger, water vole, otter, white-clawed crayfish, ornithology etc.).
- · Proven project and financial management experience including scoping, estimating and tendering for work.
- · Proven experience of managing and liaising with clients, stakeholders and contractors.
- · Proven experience in leading, managing, mentoring and developing a team of ecologists.
- · A strong focus on business development;
- · Excellent report writing skills.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.