This job is no longer available
Buro Happold is a world class multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, operating from an international network of offices.
Due to continuing growth we have a requirement for Senior Environmental Consultant grade based in the London office, with travel across the UK and internationally. This is a six month temporary contract.
This position gives the successful candidate the opportunity to undertake a lead role in progressing Buro Happold’s environmental services from its London office and to work on projects in the UK and the Middle East, predominantly but not exclusively in the field of EIA.
Ideally the candidate will be qualified to the BA/BSc and/or MA/MSc or equivalent level in an environmental, planning, sustainable development or related discipline. It is anticipated that they would have a minimum of five years experience in environmental consultancy or related field. Candidates with more years experience are also welcome to apply.
The successful candidate should have previous experience and knowledge in:
· Provision of strategic environmental and sustainability planning advice and design input to masterplanning
· UK planning procedures, planning submissions and Environmental Impact Assessments
· At least one of the EIA disciplines, e.g. planning, ecology, landscape, water quality etc. or strong track record as lead author of Environmental and Planning Statements
· Dealing with other employees and external clients and demonstrate excellent communication skills
· Taking the lead in challenging situations in a confident and proactive manner
· Running projects successfully and maintaining client relationships
· Business development and commercial management and project management