This job is no longer available
Principal Geotechnical Engineer with significant experience is required for large consultancy in Bristolor Leeds. Recent experience within the UKwater industry would be preferable but not essential.
- Outline of role
You must have experience of the management of projects, both financially and technically.
- Strong interpersonal / team working skills, with a good working relationship with all levels of the organisation, clients and contractors.
- Specific technical skills in geotechnical design as appropriate.
- Have appropriate experience in design, contract and tender preparation, tender assessment, construction supervision and administration.
- Experience of working in a design and build environment (preferably water schemes and highways schemes).
- Design experience as follows: Soil nails, ground anchors, reinforced earth, manipulation of electronic geo data for modelling purposes in Gint and Rock works.
knowledge and experience of Wallap, Repute, Slope/W, Talren, Plaxis
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Proven experience of project management of medium and large sized/risk jobs and involvement in large schemes.
First degree in civil engineering/engineering geology.
Post graduate degree in geotechnical engineering/soil mechanics.
Chartered engineer / geologist.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.