This job is no longer available
Mechanical Engineer - Water Industry - Permanent & Contract - UK Wide - Flexible salary / Rate
Contribute to the growing UKmarket by providing technical expertise in specialist areas of engineering. To be involved in the implementation and delivery of leading edge programmes and projects.
To provide technical expertise in all areas of Mechanical Engineering. The work will include the mechanical input from feasibility through to construction and commissioning on a wide variety of projects.
* Liaise with Clients and Contractors to identify opportunities and develop business relationships
* Provide the Mechanical input into asset surveys and plant condition assessments, feasibility studies, optioneering, whole life costing and conceptual design
* Responsibility for detailed design, value engineering, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, reports and recommendations.
* Produce project documentation including engineering specifications, data sheets, layout drawings etc
* Undertake site inspections, carry out feasibility reviews and work up proposals for the schemes
* Produce the mechanical specifications and deliverables for schemes in accordance with current legislation and standards for the scheme requirements
* Liase with Subcontractors and deal with technical queries
* Undertake factory acceptance testing of mechanical plant
* Undertake site testing and commissioning
* Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant subject.
Professionally qualified (Chartered Engineer or equivalent) and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. IMechE
Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in mechanical design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of mechanical equipment for projects in the water, or process industries
Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
Ability to work well in amulti-disciplinary team and independently
Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team - both written and oral
Good client service focus
Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
Must be able to plan and prioritise workload effectively
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Randstad CPE has an established background. Formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford,Blake & Thomas, together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering