This job is no longer available
Senior Consultant – Air Quality Impact Assessment
AEA is a global consulting firm that creates inspired solutions to the complex issues that affect our environment, climate and energy systems. Our solutions are underpinned by deep technical expertise, market leading knowledge management and innovative IT solutions. We work with governments and businesses worldwide to address the challenges that they face, helping to transform the way they work through the creation of profitable and sustainable solutions.
We are the leading UK air quality consultancy delivering work for public and private sector clients covering measurement, reporting of air pollution, compilation of emissions inventories, modelling the atmospheric behaviour and fate of pollutants, the assessment of impacts and dissemination of information.
Protecting the air we breathe and the water we drink isn't easy, but AEA has been helping governments and businesses to do just that for nearly four decades. Our world leading scientists and consultants can advise in every area, whether in policy, public information, assessment, measurement, modelling or exposure. In recognition of our achievements and expertise, AEA has for many years managed the UK’s National Air Quality Emissions Inventory and is the UK’s consultant on Regional and Continental Ozone Pollution, as well as operating the UK’s National Air Pollution Forecasting Service.
To support the winning and delivery of AQ impact assessments focused on urban low emission strategies for public and private sector clients; primarily focusing on Dispersion Modelling.
Lead proposal activity, delivery and client engagement. Use existing network of public and private sector contacts and build upon these relationships to increase business.
AEA works with a range of central and local government customers and the private sector amongst others. The successful applicant is likely to work on a number of different projects for these and other customers, related to air pollution impacts. AEA has ambitious plans to develop its AQ business in the USA through its sister company ERG.
Key competencies and experience:
To be successful in this role, the post-holder will have the ability to:
• Lead the winning and delivery of AQ impact impact assessments undertaking detailed dispersion modeling.
• Create high quality reports for our customers, which are factually correct and effective at getting across key messages;
• Lead and contribute to the development of high quality tender responses to win new work in the field of energy and environmental policy;
• Establish effective partnerships with key organisations to meet client requirements;
• Work effectively with and provide training and guidance to junior colleagues;
• Develop positive relationships with public sector and private sector customers;
• Generate and maintain a positive image of AEA amongst customers and other stakeholders as a flexible, responsive and well-connected business.
- Experience of winning and undertaking air quality research and consultancy projects for the UK.;
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of key air pollution policy issues at UK and EU level;
- Excellent customer focus and consultancy skills - capable of an excellent level of customer liaison and being an effective representative for the company, whether by demonstrating technical expertise or by direct sales work and proposal preparation;
- Effective oral, presentation and written communication skills;
- Effective and proactive team worker, capable of supporting and developing peers and subordinates;
A background in air quality related science, economics and experience of applying this expertise in policy development or consultancy may also be advantageous.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within AEA.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. The AEA group strives to be an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, click Apply Now.