This job is no longer available
Principal Consultant: Air & Environmental Quality
AEA is a global consulting firm that creates inspired solutions to the complex issues that affect our environment, climate and energy systems. Our solutions are underpinned by deep technical expertise, market leading knowledge management and innovative IT solutions. We work with governments and businesses worldwide to address the challenges that they face, helping to transform the way they work through the creation of profitable and sustainable solutions.
We require a flexible, dynamic and adaptable individual who wants be part of our organisation working within the European Business Air and Environmental Quality Practice.
Protecting the air we breathe and the water we drink isn't easy, but AEA has been helping governments and businesses to do just that for nearly four decades. Our leading scientists and consultants provide advice on policy underpinned by evidence delivered through measurement, modelling, exposure assessments. In recognition of our achievements and expertise, AEA has for many years managed the UK’s National Air Quality Emissions Inventory, quality assured the UK’s National Air Quality Monitoring Networks, delivered the UK’s Regional and Continental Ozone Pollution assessments and operated the UK’s National Air Pollution Forecasting Service.
To provide consultancy support and identify and develop business within the private sector within the Air Quality and Environmental practice. The role will involve a healthy balance of consultancy and business development.
Key competencies and experience:
• A sound up to date knowledge of the air quality and environmental landscape, preferably with a private sector slant, developed in either an industrial or consultancy environment.
• The ability to establish effective relationships with a broad range of private and public sector organisations, through direct sales and project delivery and in the development and management of partner and stakeholder relationships.
• The capacity to deliver air and environmental consultancy projects.
• Effective oral, presentation and written communication skills.
• Organised, effective and proactive team worker capable of supporting and developing peers and subordinates
Specific requirements of the role will depend on business needs but will include:
• Project delivery.
• Identify and develop effective relationships with a broad range of customers, trade associations, industry groups, stakeholders and partners.
• Working closely with and supporting AEA’s sales team.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark; you will have support from the wider business and the chance to shape your own career path across a wide range of future opportunities within AEA.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
To express your interest in joining our team please visit our career pages at www.aeat.com by clicking Apply Now below, and submit your application using our on line process.
The AEA group strives to be an equal opportunities employer.