This job is no longer available
Due to expanding workload with some of our major clients we are looking to add further staff to our teams in our Leeds and Solihull (Birmingham) offices.
Duties include: preparing desk study and site investigation reports, site investigation design & supervision, liaison with internal/external clients and sub-contractors, plus development of skills in Tier 1 screening, human health and controlled waters risk assessment, remediation design, project and financial management and mentoring of junior staff.
Providing general support on projects managed through the Leeds, Solihull and Bristol offices.
Outline of role:
• Produce geo-environmental desk study, site investigation and verification reports by undertaking both office and site based work.
• Supervision of contractors and undertaking routine monitoring during site investigations and construction programmes.
• Training will be provided to develop the skills to manage small then medium sized projects, to include financial management.
• Assist in the development of graduate staff, alongside senior colleagues.
• Develop skills in design aspects of contaminated land investigation.
• Develop skills in Tier 1 screening and human health/ controlled waters quantitative risk assessment (QRA).
• Develop understanding of relevant British Standards, industry guidance documents and legislation
• Assist in/undertake fee proposal preparation for future work
• Assist in general marketing on behalf of the Company and develop customer relationships
Clients will include infrastructure companies, developers, local authorities, the defence sector and property consultants.
Qualified to degree level, preferably to MSc level in a relevant environmental science.
Previous experience in supporting site investigation, risk assessment, or remediation work in an Environmental Consultancy background is preferred.
• Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met • Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions.
• Ability to prepare accurate, concise and well written reports
• Take responsibility for personal development
• Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
• Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
• Be well organised and systematic
To apply, please click Apply Now.