This job is no longer available
Cost Estimator - Long term contract - Leeds Area
Cost Management team comprises specialist and discipline (civil, mechanical and electrical) estimators providing support to a number of project teams and clients both locally, nationally and internationally in the delivery of both water and non-water related projects and programmes of work. Cost analysts and individuals with varied commercial and contractual experience also work within the team. This allows the team the capability of offering a fully developed cost management service to support all stages of the project life cycle, delivery of major capital expenditure programmes and to respond to requests for cost management support from across the various Business Units.
The role requires working within or as part of a centralised specialist cost management team or contributing in an integrated team environment either virtually or co-located across the EMEA regions. The principal offering is cost management best practice and specialist knowledge to enhance the MWH project delivery process. For a number of major customers the team is becoming increasingly involved in identifying improved ways to deliver cost effective business solutions.
We are looking to recruit Discipline Estimators/Data Analysts to help and assist a major utility company in the development and construction of a set of cost models covering a range of assets which will form the basis of the client's future Business Plan. The models shall be based on data capture from a number of completed schemes over the last ten years and constructed to meet the requirements of the client's existing corporate data capture systems.
The posts are temporary positions for a period of approximately twelve months.
Essential skills and competencies are as follows:
* Engineering design experience in both water and non-water projects and programmes of work across all disciplines.
* Commercial awareness gained working with various commercial arrangements, contractual conditions and/or project delivery strategies.
* Mathematical, analytical, data manipulation and statistical skills to enable cost models to be constructed and loaded into the client's corporate data capture systems.
* Experience in the formal capture of historical and actual cost data and associated databases.
* Possess cost estimating capabilities at different project phases which may be either single or multi-discipline (civil, mechanical or electrical).
* Ability to multi-task and take responsibility for delivering to time and budget.
* Competent working in an environment that relies significantly on electronic data handling.
* Excellent IT skills including the main Microsoft packages (Word, Excel etc)
* Able to work closely with the main Client to fully understand and meet their needs and requirements in a cost effective manner.
* Demonstrate good communication and organisational skills.
* Able to multi-task and take responsibility for delivering to time and budget with minimal supervision.
The role calls for strong communication and organisational skills, a high degree of self-motivation, enthusiastic, flexibility and reliability. Other key attributes are strong problem solving and time-management skills.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Randstad CPE has an established background. Formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford,Blake & Thomas, together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering