This job is no longer available
- Demonstrable experience within the clean water engineering sector. Candidates having water and wastewater experience will also be of interest
- Ability to rapidly understand Client objectives and take a lead in developing high-level technical solutions to Client needs.
- Previous experience in delivering design as part of business planning would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Proven understanding of the design process and ability to demonstrate working knowledge of brief/scope documents, design concepts as well as some experience technically i.e. calculations
- Proven ability and experience in providing a customer focussed service and ensuring Clients needs are satisfied
- Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes as a minimum
The role of Mechanical Engineer within the Mechanical, Electrical and Process Division of Water Operations will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Feasibility, outline and detailed mechanical design work
- Liaison with Clients
- Develop design solutions for clean and waste water applications
- Contribute to the delivery of projects as per Atkins quality systems and within budget and programme
- Asset planning activities as part of our PR14 work
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal line managers and external clients.
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or in isolation when required.
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Randstad CPE has an established background. Formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford,Blake & Thomas, together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering