This job is no longer available
Allen & York are looking for a Senior Planning Consultant to join a UK leading planning practice. This position is based in Leicestershire and will suit an individual with a strong background in planning consultancy and the housing sector.
You will responsible for promoting strategic residential land for major house-builders and land owners. You will be involved in all aspects of this including appeals, residential land supply assessments, site promotion via representations to emerging planning policy documents, site appraisals and planning applications.
Our client is also involved in other planning works relating to all forms of commercial development on behalf of a wide range of clients.
The following is essential to this position:
• Membership of the RTPI or RICS
• Strong demonstrable experience in this area; this experience will have been accumulated in the private sector, either working as a planning consultant or for a housebuilder or developer
• Project management experience; including the submission of major planning applications; to undertake and manage community engagement; to contribute towards the preparation of and management of Environmental Assessments
• Familiarity with the terms and conditions for house building and employment land set out in the NPPF and earlier Planning Policy Statements
• Experience of undertaking planning appraisals
• Experience of preparing planning statements in support of planning applications
• Experience of preparing and presenting evidence at planning hearings and public inquiries
• Experience of direct access to the bar and preparation of Instructions to Counsel;
• Experience of generating new business and engaging in client contact
To apply for this position, please click the link below
A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application. Please note that our website is always being updated with the latest job opportunities within Energy Services, Health & Safety, Environment, Planning, Engineering, Mining & Minerals and Renewable Energy.
This is one of many Environment job opportunities provided through Allen & York and these can be found on our website: www.allen-york.com/environment-jobs/worldwide.
Environment includes CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology