This job is no longer available
Location: UK Flexible.
Salary up to £55,000 + car + excellent benefits.
A Contracts Manager is currently required by a UK based design-build-commission principal main contractor of Anaerobic Digestion/ Biogas plants and facilities. The ideal person will be a 'hands-on' keen and enthusiastic contracts/ commercial management individual with practical working competence in:
- Model Forms of Contract (IChemE, FIDIC, bespoke, NEC3) delivering multi-discipline turnkey projects of this nature.
- Productive Relationships management and communication: with Clients (including Waste management/ Agri-business sector), key partners, key suppliers-sub contractors and internally
- Commercial acumen: understanding of contract, cost control, reporting, claims, cost management, profit/ margin improvement and cost/value reconciliation and recovery. Knowledge of contract planning and programming.
- Sub contractor packaging, formulation, negotiation, contracts management (Civils, Mechanical & Electrical, ICA, Design etc.)
- Developing effective contract delivery strategy. Understanding the limitations of the main contract(s) and employing effective approaches and mechanisms to manage and mitigate these.
- Management and influence of site-based staff (e.g. Site Manager)
- Site management, Project management or Engineering & Design background (ideal not essential)
- You will be comfortable with working as the solo Contracts/ QS/ commercial manager in an ambitious, friendly SME business. You'll need to be organized yet responsive and flexible.
- You may be currently working in a Civil/ Construction contracting business or in the energy sector.
- Capable of managing 1-3+ design-build-commission client AD/ Biogas projects. (Farm-agri-business clients & industrial/ waste management clients)
- A really good 'people' orientated relationships builder. (Client/ Sub-contractors/ service providers/ Project site managers)
To apply for this position, please click on the link below:
If you have not heard back within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application, on this occasion.
This is one of many Waste sector job opportunities provided through Allen & York and these can be found on our website: http://www.allen-york.com/waste-jobs/worldwide.
Join our Waste & EfW Group on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=4360295