This job is no longer available
Geotechnical Engineer is required in Glasgow to undertake geotechnical design work for a range of interesting projects throughout the UK, Ireland and overseas. The projects mainly lie within the highways, energy, water, maritime, land development and building sectors.
You will work with team of geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists and geo-environmental specialists. Your role will be to assist in the development of the geotechnical aspects of projects by input to their investigation, design, construction and post construction monitoring. Your work will include desk and feasibility studies, interpretative reporting and design of earthworks, foundations and retaining structures.
You will work within project teams and will report to project managers. The priorities of your role will include:
- assisting with planning and design of ground investigations
- assisting with preparation of technical specifications
- undertaking geotechnical calculation and design work
- monitoring construction works
- assisting with the preparation of technical notes and geotechnical reports
- liaising with contractors and clients, both external and internal
- many of my clients schemes are multi- disciplinary and will require you to liaise with project teams of varying complexity and size.
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- a sound academic knowledge of civil and geotechnical engineering
- knowledge of geotechnical design software and design codes and standards
- awareness of commonly used forms of contract (NEC, ICE etc)
- strong communication skills with fluency in verbal and written English
- problem solving & analysis skills
- team player but with an ability to work independently when required
- planning & organising skills
- motivated to deliver high quality
- commitment to professional and personal development
- First degree in civil engineering
- MSc in soil mechanics/geotechnical engineering
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Randstad CPE has an established background. Formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford,Blake & Thomas, together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering