This job is no longer available
Above excellent engineering capabilities you will be need to have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to command an audience, guide a team and represent the organisation at client meetings. Some of the cruicial Requirements are:
- Have relevant experience in the water industry on a range of network and treatment schemes at close to or Chartered Engineer level.
- Have past experience and proven competence in the supervision of a small team of Technicians and Engineers.
- Be sufficiently experienced to direct, guide and develop subordinate Technicians / Engineers on a range of different client design standards and drawing practices applicable to all types of water infrastructure and treatment.
- Have an inquisitive mind and be able to make sound technical decisions and manage / coordinate difficult assignments and problematic projects.
- Be able to realistically estimate work effort required to accomplish project tasks.
- Be conversant with the project costing system and be able to prepare and present successful offers.
- Be technically highly competent.
- Possess superior communication skills in order to effectively communicate with client representatives, other Team Leaders, Project Managers and Principal Engineers.
- Responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of project work meets agreed standards and specifications.
- Supervise subordinate Technicians / Engineers, as necessary, in the performance of technical surveys and the production of Schematic, design and construction drawings in compliance with relevant Industry Standards and Regulations.
- Carry out QA checks of drawings and documentation completed by Technicians / Engineers.
- Take the lead role in liaising with the client and other parties.
- Maintain a reliable and consistent communication interface with Technicians and subordinate Engineers.
- Flexible and self-motivated towards improving team and production performance
- Customer focussed and committed to meeting deadlines
- Good customer liaison and communications skills
- Technically focussed
- Flexibility to travel around the UK and occasionaly over seas when required
Rewards and Benefits
As a Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to work for 2011, we believe in looking after our staff. The pressures and pace of modern life mean that we need to take care to give sufficient priority to our health and well-being. With this in mind, we have a generous rewards and benefits scheme including:-
- 25 days paid annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and the ability to purchase up to 15 days additional leave or sell up to 5 days leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme, we will match and double employee contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Personal accident cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional fees paid
- Give as you earn - charity contributions
- Private medical insurance discount
- Employee Referral Bounty Scheme
- IT Related discounts
- Share incentive plan (after 6 months service)
- Bike4Work scheme - opportunity to benefit from tax and NI savings on a new bike used primarily to travel to work
- Health Club Membership Discount - Corporate rates available on over 1,700 participating health clubs, spas and gyms
- Leisure discounts 15% off Virgin Experience Days, discounts available on Thomas Cook holidays, get between 25% - 50% off Merlin Entertainments (including Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centres etc.)
- Employee Assistance Well-being Programme - 24 hour free confidential information and advice
We welcome applications from candidates of all ages.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.