This job is no longer available
Consents Manager (Environment)
- Add your skills to our £6bn Thameslink programme
- Manage the delivery of consents and other commitments
- Act as a key point of contact for our project team
- Play a vital role in maximising our success
Revitalising Britain’s railway, our remit’s as vast as it is ambitious – we’re involved in some of the biggest and most diverse ventures Britain has ever seen, including Crossrail, Europe’s largest engineering project.
Our £6bn Thameslink Programme will provide more trains and better journeys for passengers across London. You’ll contribute to the successful delivery of its Railway Systems Outer Areas portfolio, as you manage the delivery of its consents, legal, environmental and sustainability commitments at every stage.
Acting as the key point of contact for the project team on relevant issues, you’ll provide expert advice and guidance on compliance with legal and programme commitments. You’ll also provide input into project consultations and project design and construction plans, ensuring that we successfully deliver our defined objectives by working closely with our contractors and stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering Environmental Management Systems, consents and sustainability initiatives
- Track record of supporting a major construction project. Experience of a rail project (Desirable)
- Impressive interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators and communities
- Degree and/or professional qualification in environment
- Good understanding of Transport and Works Act and planning requirements on a rail project (Desirable)
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.