This job is no longer available
Fantastic opportunity for a principal ecologist based in Manchester, Edinburgh and Cardiff office!
The position will enable you to make your mark and influence to my clients continuing growth. You will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects.
As a Principal Ecologist you will be working on a range of projects in the public and private sectors. You will be leading projects and delivering ecological services for our clients. You will also be involved in supporting our technical director in developing the team and business opportunities.
You will be joining a successful and dynamic sixty strong team and reporting to the local team lead in your home office. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Managing projects
- Ecology survey logistics and support.
- Liaising with clients and regulators
- Supporting bidding activity and business development initiatives
- Technical reporting
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress.
- Quality assurance of ecology deliverables
- Preparing licence applications
- An honours degree in ecology or related field
- Eligible for IEEM membership
- Experience of consultation with regulators and scientific community.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
- Good communication and IT skills
- Ability to write clear, concise reports
- Thorough understanding of environmental legislation pertinent to the UK
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of HRA and BAP production and management
- Line management experience
- Full MIEEM
- Postgraduate degree
- Protected species licence(s)
- An ecological specialism
- Chartered Environmentalist
For further information, please contact Stefanie McLernon on 0121 730 4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org