This job is no longer available
Senior EIA/Environmental Consultant EIA/Environmental Consultant
Arcus is a dynamic, independent consultancy providing planning and environmental services to the renewable energy industry. Arcus currently works throughout the UK and Ireland from our offices in Glasgow, York and Swindon. An opportunity has arisen for one consultant to join our office in York and one in Glasgow.
The role will focus on the project management of Environmental Impact Assessment focussing on onshore wind energy and other energy projects such as grid connection and other infrastructure, small scale hydro etc. The role will also involve site finding, feasibility and due diligence work.
Key roles and responsibilities will include:
· Preparation, issue and follow up of scoping reports;
· Co-ordination and management of project team;
· Provision of client advice;
· Liaison with subconsultants, statutory and non-statutory consultees and members of the public where necessary;
· Collation and management of environmental data collected on projects for use in project design;
· Preparation of exhibition material, newsletters and other public relations documents;
· Leading project design workshops with support of GIS and other project team members;
· Client liaison, budgeting and reporting on projects;
· Liaison with Planning Team regarding statutory requirements, discharge of planning conditions and pre construction surveys and reports;
· Compliance with quality management systems; and
· Management of and input to feasibility and due diligence work.
The successful candidate will be a member of IEEM with a proven track record of project management of Environmental Impact Assessment. Experience of energy projects would be an advantage. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential alongside self motivation and the ability to lead multidisciplinary teams. The ability to critically review and provide constructive comment on technical subject matter in the context of Environmental Impact Assessment is essential as is a detailed understanding of Environmental Impact Assessment and its role in the UK Planning System.
A degree (2:1 or higher) in an environmental science or environmental management and environmental consultancy and commerical experience are essential. A post graduate qualification in EIA is desirable.
To apply, please click Apply Now.