This job is no longer available
Junior ecologist is required to work on 6 month basis in Derby.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Contribute to and help develop the Ecology business;
- Work with ecologists and other consultants (environmental scientists, engineers, planners) throughout the company to provide a consistent and integrated service to clients;
- Continue to develop his/her technical skills
The majority of work is likely to be regional, but there will be technical collaboration and networking, with the 40 or so ecologists working within the company around the U.K.
Successful candidates will ideally have:
- A degree in a relevant discipline and preferably an MSc;
- Baseline ecology knowledge and keenness to learn;
- Experience of assisting with Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and other protected species surveys.
Applicants for this position must have a full valid driving licence and the right to work in the UK without restriction.
- Assist with HS2 Phase 1 surveys;
- Support HS2 Phase 1 Technical Co-ordinator with the following:
- Survey scheduling;
- Communication with survey teams weekly;
- Data collation;
- Review and analysis of data;
- Close liaise with GIS team to produce Phase 1 plans;
- Support to Phase 1 co-ordinator with reporting.
- To work effectively as a team player in delivering a first class service to our clients, both internal and external
- Management of own time and workload in collaboration with other team members
For further information, please contact Stefanie McLernon on 0121 730 4140 or email@example.com