This job is no longer available
Randstad CPE is working with a leading UK multidisciplinary consultancy. Due to their continued success they now require a Team leader for their established EIA team.
This is a key role in delivering our clients exciting and ambitious growth programme. You will be responsible for technical leadership of an established team and therefore be a recognised authority in the sector. You will be responsible for the EIA market sector development, helping develop and mentor the existing staff and develop service teams.
You will be responsible for managing key client accounts and take a Project Director role on high value / large projects) with corresponding financial, management and planning responsibilities.
Our client provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development, through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. They offer a friendly and supportive environment for staff where they can attain their personal career goals.
They work on a diverse range of multi disciplinary high profile projects across a number of busy sectors.
The principal function of this position is to provide EIA leadership to a number of projects and bids, especially in relation to the transport and flood risk management (Environment Agency) sectors where the team has particular strength.
The role will involve leading and managing environmental desk studies and research, liaison with consultees, the co-ordination of specialist inputs to environmental assessment reports and the delivery of Environmental Statements and EIA reports.
There are opportunities for the right candidate to take on leadership of the London EIA team and become involved in delivering short term international environmental consultancy commissions.
· knowledge of the EIA process and its application to various projects in the UK;
· good organisational skills and appreciation of the broad range of technical disciplines associated with EIA and SEA in the UK;
· experience of leading EIAs and SEAs and delivering Environmental Statements;
· experience of leading bids for environmental work and contributing to work winning and business development;
· good communication skills, both spoken and written;
· effective team working (and possibly team leadership);
· ability to use own initiative;
· membership of IEMA, other relevant professional body or willingness to progress this.
· Enhanced experience in a particular environmental sector e.g. flood risk management infrastructure in coastal or riverine environments.
They encourage a healthy work-life balance by offering flexible working, a contributory pension scheme and private healthcare cover
For further information, please contact Stefanie McLernon on 0121 730 4140 or email@example.com