This job is no longer available
TRL is at the forefront of transport research in the UK, specialising in world class research, consultancy, provision of policy advice and product testing facilities. TRL works with a wide range of international, national, local government, and private sector clients.
We would like to recruit an experienced Principal Air Quality Consultant to join our Vehicles Group, based at our Crowthorne offices in Berkshire. The successful applicant should be a technically excellent, highly motivated individual who will take a leading role in the development of new & existing business opportunities, and help to grow and manage the AQ team within the Vehicles Group.
Successful applicants will have an extensive knowledge of vehicle emissions, the National Air Quality Strategy, air quality policy, regulations and guidance, the EIA process and air quality modelling. You will be offered an outstanding working environment, career prospects and the opportunity to work on a number of prestigious and challenging projects in a wide range of sectors.
Skills & Experience
- PhD, MSc or BSc Degree in an engineering, environmental or related discipline, and preferably with a relevant professional qualification
- Significant air quality consultancy experience with excellent knowledge of road traffic emissions and modelling assessments
- Excellent commercial awareness and business development experience
- Good communicator: ability to work alone and to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Proven project management experience and good written reporting skills
- Good network of contacts in UK and international air quality field
Particular experience in the following areas:
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle emissions, emissions abatement technologies and derivation of emission factors
- Emission factors and dispersion modelling
- European and UK Air Quality policy and legislation
- Road traffic modelling assessments
- Air quality input for planning applications and preparation of Environmental Statements
- Ambient air quality monitoring and use of data in air quality assessments
- Dispersion modelling (including ADMS-Roads, DMRB screening, ADMS, and/or AERMOD) and GIS mapping tool
- Technical – manage and provide technical direction to a broad range of air quality consultancy projects
- Marketing & Business Development – develop existing opportunities and generate new business opportunities within the air quality area
- Resource Management – work with the Group Manager to manage, develop and optimise resources
- Management – take responsibility for the performance and development of team members
- Attend meetings, workshops, exhibitions and conferences in the UK, Europe or Worldwide as required
What we can offer you
TRL is a forward thinking, innovative organisation and our people are our best advertisement of this. They enjoy stimulating work, in a friendly, supportive and modern working environment, as well as competitive salaries and benefits which include a contributory pension scheme and flexible working hours.