This job is no longer available
2 Sisters Food Group has 35 manufacturing sites in the UK, Ireland, Holland and Poland. We are now looking to recruit a high quality Environment Director to join our Technical Function.
The group employs around 18,000 people and annual sales are now over £2.1 billion following the acquisition of Northern Foods in April 2011. Although we are predominantly a private label manufacturer, we produce a number of branded products including Buxted, Devonshire Red, Fox’s Biscuits, Goodfella’s Pizza, Matthew Walker Christmas puddings and Green Isle vegetables.
- Develop and drive the Group’s Ethical & Environment agenda across all sites, ensuring alignment to the Group’s long term business strategy and plans. This will involve establishing targets and tracking progress towards the achievement of targets, ensuring compliance with customer, UK and European compliance schemes.
- Build the necessary people capability across the Group to ensure that the Group’s Environment and Ethical objectives and plans are embedded and sustainable at each site. This will involve working closely with site based operations and engineering colleagues, and HR, Communications and legal.
- Build the necessary people capability and ways of working that ensures that all sites meet the relevant legal, customer and other compliance schemes t (e.g. CCA, CRC, Packaging waste, IPPC, SEDEX) and that a robust tracking and measurement process is in place that ensures accurate and timely performance data is available, meeting the reporting requirements of the Group and external stakeholders.
- Drive significant energy savings throughout the Group’s sites and ensure that each site builds the necessary insight, skills and energy champions to realize cost saving and carbon reduction targets.
- Act as key customer, Non Government Organisation (NGO), trade association, regulatory contact for all environmental issues.
- To ensure compliance with major legislation changes which impact the business (e.g. Fgas regulations) and proactively communicate and educate relevant colleagues/teams on the impact of new requirements.
- To proactively engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, e.g. HR & Communications (ethical and community), customers, regulators and industry bodies, to promote the Group’s reputation for leadership on the environment.
- Senior leadership experience and delivery of results in an environmental role gained in a business with multiple manufacturing sites, in the UK and Europe. The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an FMCG business.
- IEMA certified
- Detailed knowledge of current environmental regulations and compliance schemes (IPPC, CCA, CRC, Packaging waste)
- Knowledge and competence in using environmental management systems such as ISO 14000
- Ability to work accurately with numerical data and to produce concise, clear management information