This job is no longer available
Principal / Senior Consultant, Sustainable Transport
My clients' Transport Practice objectively seeks to reduce the environmental impacts of the transport sector by providing high quality policy advice to Governmental organisations internationally.
They are looking for a senior 'winner / doer' who can use their existing network of public and private sector contacts and build upon these relationships to increase business and to
• Lead complex proposals for UK Government, European Commission and international customers & lead complex projects that support the development of policies related to the environmental impacts of transport (particular focus is on transport-related climate change policy).
• Create high quality reports for our customers, which are factually correct and effective at getting across key messages;
• Contribute to the development of high quality tender documents to win new work in the field of transport-related environmental policy.
• Work effectively with both junior and more senior colleagues
• Develop positive relationships with public sector and private sector customers.
• Generate and maintain a positive image of the client amongst customers and other stakeholders as a flexible, responsive and well-connected business.
Your background (essential):
• Experience of writing bids and managing projects for European Commission
• No transport planning, but policy biased
• Experience relevant to environmental consultancy
• Must have consultancy experience.
• Experience of policy consultancy or policy delivery within the public sector;
• Strong background in economics and experience of applying this expertise in policy consultancy or policy delivery;
• Experience of leading project teams;
• Thorough, detailed knowledge of key policy issues in the field of transport-related environmental policy at UK or EU level
• Effective oral, presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent customer focus - capable of a good level of customer liaison and being an effective representative for the company, whether by demonstrating their technical expertise or by direct sales work and proposal preparation.
• Effective and proactive team worker, capable of supporting and developing peers and subordinates
• A degree or an equivalent level of education
To apply for this position, please click the link below
A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application. Please note that our website is always being updated with the latest job opportunities within Energy Services, Health & Safety, Environment, Planning, Engineering, Mining & Minerals and Renewable Energy.
This is one of many Environment job opportunities provided through Allen & York and these can be found on our website: www.allen-york.com/environment-jobs/worldwide.
Environment includes CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology