This job is no longer available
Principal Ecologist is required for successful multi-disciplinary consultancy in Newcastle upon Tyne and Stoke-on-Trent. Their expertise includes Development Planning, EIA, ecological surveys and assessment, noise monitoring and assessment, air quality monitoring and assessment, cultural heritage assessment, landscape character and visual assessment, agricultural land capability and soil assessment, flood risk assessment, hydrological/hydrogeological assessment and environmental management/assessment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking ecological assessments as part of Environmental Impact Assessments
- Providing ecological advice to Clients
- Project management and budgeting
- Involvement in the delivery of a diverse range of projects at all levels throughout the UK
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Will be qualified to degree level or equivalent in ecology or a related discipline
- Hold one or more protected species license(s) coupled with full membership of IEEM
- Demonstrate a relevant experience including EIA and development lead ecology
- Have an understanding of ecological field investigations and a broad knowledge of all protected species issues
- Have experience of managing projects to completion
- Have a proven track record of managing junior staff
- Be self-motivated with strong communication skills, keen business awareness and the ability to work as part of a team coupled with computer literacy and excellent report writing skills.
For further information, please contact Stefanie McLernon on 0121 730 4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org