This job is no longer available
Waterman Energy, Environment & Design is currently looking to recruit a number of EIA Consultants in various offices in the UK. Waterman EED is a leading environmental and engineering consultancy providing multi-disciplinary services to the property, infrastructure, energy and environmental markets.
The successful candidates will have a fantastic opportunity to join a highly rated professional EIA team with a strong reputation for quality, working on a wide variety of high profile projects in the regeneration, residential and waste sectors. The project sectors we are currently active in include large scale masterplans, mixed use, leisure, retail and heritage-based redevelopment. The successful candidates will also have the opportunity to be involved in other service sectors including ecology surveys, feasibility studies, masterplanning support, Environmental Management Plans, Sustainability Appraisals and Strategic Environmental Assessment.
We are inviting EIA professionals with previous consultancy experience to apply. Core responsibilities of the positions vary according to grade, but include:
• Responsibility for the co-ordination of a variety of EIA projects, including budget control
• Preparation and project management of Environmental Statements
• Client liaison and development of relationships
• Contribution to business development
• Contribution to various initiatives, such as development of new services and training
• Preparation of fee proposals and assistance with bids
• Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication skills (including technical report writing)
• A specific technical specialism – ideally air quality, flood risk or socio economics
The candidates we are seeking should ideally have:
• A positive and proactive approach
• An appropriate degree (membership of IEMA preferred)
• A minimum of 3 years’ EIA experience
• A successful track record of EIA co-ordination / project management (including budget control)
• Experience in providing technical input into environmental projects or environmental aspects of larger projects
• A thorough understanding of EIA, including best practice guidelines, planning processes, environmental assessment methods and case law
• Excellent report writing, communication and project management skills
• Excellent client liaison skills
• The ability to work as part of a team, supervise / support more junior members of staff and deliver integrated services
• A full UK driving licence
The roles offer excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Please specifiy which office you are interested in.
Closing date for applications – June 4th 2012. A covering letter and CV should be sent to Clair Wilkinson by clicking on the 'Apply now' button.