This job is no longer available
Contract landscape architect is required to lead and deliver a wide range of landscape assessment, EIA and environmental design projects to a high standard. You will work closely with the planning, environmental and sustainability teams.
This role will be based in central Birmingham office but you might be also required to work in other UK offices.
You must have strong track record in all aspects of landscape and visual assessment, EIA production and design but with a clear focus on the delivery of projects for infrastructure projects i.e. road, rail, energy. You must be confident in presenting to statutory environmental bodies and contributing in public consultation events. As a senior position the person will be expected to contribute to business and marketing opportunities in a range of sectors working with other members of the team. You will also be expected to be an effective project manager responsible for project programming, resourcing and financial management.
You should be flexible and self-motivated and will be expected to demonstrate the following experience at a senior level:
· Experience of landscape and visual assessments; knowledge of varying different methodologies i.e. GLVIA, DMRB, Environment Agency, Natural England, windfarms
· Input to EIAs and Environmental Statements
· Knowledge and experience of working with of other related environmental disciplines such as ecology and heritage including knowledge of environmental legislation
· Excellent written skills
· Competent in AutoCAD and be able to demonstrate the use of Adobe software packages.
3-D visualisation i.e. SketchUp an advantage
· Good presentational skills
· Excellent time management skills and capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet critical deadlines
· Confident team worker
· Creativity and confidence to win and undertake new project types and develop innovative solutions
· Current driving licence (essential)
· Experience of working in a QA environment
If you require any further information, please contact Stefanie McLernon on 0121 730 4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org