Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant (EIA)
The principal function of this position is to provide EIA leadership to a number of projects and bids, especially in relation to the transport and flood risk management (Environment Agency) sectors where the team has particular strength.
The role will involve leading and managing environmental desk studies and research, liaison with consultees, the co-ordination of specialist inputs to environmental assessment reports and the delivery of Environmental Statements and EIA reports.
There are opportunities for the right candidate to:
· take on leadership of the London EIA team;
· become involved in delivering short term international environmental consultancy commissions.
The priorities for this role include:
· working as part of and helping the growth of a dynamic environmental team;
· ability to represent the firm well within meetings and when working in the offices of others;
· the management of projects and environmental work packages.
· leadership and management of a range of environmental commissions including EIAs and SEAs.
· managing workloads and related tasks to meet prescribed timescales and budgets.
· a team leadership role is a possibility for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge, aligned with the key areas of responsibility:
· knowledge of the EIA process and its application to various projects in the UK;
· good organisational skills and appreciation of the broad range of technical disciplines associated with EIA and SEA in the UK;
· experience of leading EIAs and SEAs and delivering Environmental Statements;
· experience of leading bids for environmental work and contributing to work winning and business development;
· good communication skills
· effective team working (and possibly team leadership);
· ability to use own initiative;
· membership of IEMA, other relevant professional body or willingness to progress this.
· Enhanced experience in a particular environmental sector e.g. flood risk management infrastructure in coastal or riverine environments.
· Batchelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental subject.
Desirable, though not essential are:
· Masters degree in EIA, Environmental Management (or equivalent)
· Chartered Environmentalist or relevant professional membership
About Randstad CPE
Randstad CPE has an established background. Formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford,Blake & Thomas, together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering