Principal Hydrogeologist is required to join the rapidly expanding Geo-Environmental Department. The work undertaken by the Water Group within this Department includes water management, water supply, water resource assessment and water treatment, mainly focused towards the global mining sector and involves:
· Contributing to project development studies from scoping through to engineering design
· Contributing to due diligence, third party reviews and competent persons reports
· Water resources aspects of environmental/social impact assessment studies
· Specialist studies, including baseline data collection, groundwater characterisation studies, contamination studies
· Dewatering management, mine water supply, pit slope depressurisation, pit lake management etc
As Principal Hydrogeologist the primary role is to provide competent consulting services to support projects and clients. The role involves:
· Providing high level hydrogeological services to support projects and clients, mostly in mining related projects.
· Working as part of multi-disciplinary teams contributing to world-class projects, providing hydrogeological input as required
· Acting in a Project Management or Project Review/Project Director capacity on large and complex projects
· Assisting in developing the water business and providing mentoring to consultant and senior level staff.
· High level and technical project management input into a diverse range of mine-related projects.
· Degree or equivalent in a geological related science or engineering subject with preferably a higher degree in Hydrogeology and/or significant hydrogeology experience gained internationally.• previous experience of undertaking hydrogeology work in the mining sector and contributing to project development studies, ideally for international (non-UK) projects and for a variety of commodities
· Chartered Geologist or equivalent
· Evidence of exposure to different applications of hydrogeology such as, but not limited to, exploration, environmental assessment, feasibility studies, design and construction
· Use of groundwater modelling, statistical and visualisation packages
· Proven track record of bringing projects in on time, within budget and to the clients satisfaction
· Evidence of high level contribution to business development and active participation in team development and business strategy
· Evidence of developing and leading strategic initiatives with the objective of business growth
· Proven leadership skills
This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects in the UK and overseas and international travel will form a significant part of the role.
In return, my client offers a very competitive salary package, including performance based bonus, group personal pension scheme, employee share participation as well as optional private medical and health screening schemes.
About Randstad CPE
Randstad CPE has an established background. Formed of two specialist built environment recruitment organisations, Hill McGlynn & Beresford,Blake & Thomas, together we have an enviable presence and reputation within the construction, property & engineering