Senior / Principal Civil Engineer – Water Group
Job Ref: 10971
Job title: Senior / Principal Civil Engineer – Water Group
Salary: £35k – 45k DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Client’s Water Group. The Group are looking to grow their Cardiff team to continue delivering a wide range of water related work.
Current project work includes flood defence schemes, renewable energy studies, design of large complex water retaining structures, studies into water foot printing, carbon costs of schemes and issues surrounding water scarcity.
We are really keen to talk to individuals with a strong engineering background and a broad understanding of engineering principles relating to water and waste water.
As a Senior member of the Water Group you will be;
- Analysing and designing civil elements for Flood Relief Schemes and other Water projects.
- Developing water based civil solutions.
- Designing for contractors on a D&B basis.
- Preparing construction documents and specifications.
- Analysing embodied energy and carbon savings.
- Offering technical and personal leadership, in addition to mentoring team members.
- Instrumental in identifying and securing new business in the UK and in Europe.
- Maintaining existing framework contracts.
- Project Managing including; financial control, project programming, Bidding, project forecasting.
- Providing input to bid responses and project forecasting.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Strong technical skills in an engineering discipline related to the water industry including distribution systems, treatment works design and layout and reservoir design.
- Proven relevant consultancy experience.
- Drive, dynamism and potential and ambition to progress within the company.
- Respect for and a willingness to mentor younger graduates within the team.
- Demonstrable client facing skills with existing client relationships.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Waste water and/or Potable (clean) water engineering design experience.
- An understanding of hydraulics and hydrology.
- Design of hydraulic structures.
- Knowledge of industry design standards
- Knowledge of modelling techniques & software.
- Appreciation of related environmental and geotechnical disciplines.
- Commercially aware.
- Project management: programme and financial management including budget control
- Computer skills including email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, computer aided design.
For further information on this or any other related positions do not hesitate to contact David on 020 7960 2550 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mattinson Partnership brings together recruitment expertise with hands-on experience. Through our knowledge of the industry, we are able to provide a unique and specialist service. We respect the need for absolute confidentiality and offer every assurance that your application will be handled with the highest levels of professionalism. We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.